August 10, 2012

Some bad-ass wiring

I had my second braces tightening on 8th August. A thicker wire was put on the top, along with a spring thing to push the canine out of the way to make room for the 2nd incisor.


You can also see in the above photo that there is no band around the lower canine. Instead there is a wire wrapped around the bracket and the archwire. I think this is to try and rotate this tooth as it is slightly crooked.

Dr. P has put some fancy rubber band thing around my first incisor on the bottom, and the teeth beside it, to try and rotate it around.



And here are some shots of the top and from the front:



In terms of the pain, it was definitely worse than last time I had them tightened but less than the inital pain of braces. It was mainly in the bottom, they just felt really tight and I couldn't put any pressure on the front ones.

My next appointment is on the 19th of September.

I'm getting my wisdom teeth taken out on the 21st August though! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment