August 22, 2012

Wisdom Teeth

Yesterday I had my wisdom teeth taken out. They ended up taking all three out, though one had to get chopped up into pieces! I was under general and local anaesthetics, and I was out from about 8.30am to 11am. There was supposed to be someone before me but apparently she wasn't ready for the surgery, so I ended up going earlier than initially planned.

I had never been under general anaesthetic before. As far as I know there weren't any complications, though by the time I went to bed last night it still hadn't worn off. This could have been the local though.

I was quite swollen, I had Angelina Jolie lips! This morning wasn't much different, though I'm not really bleeding anymore. I was bleeding for most of yesterday, not profusely though.

Here is a picture of me looking like a chipmunk:


This was just as I left the hospital so I still look all nice and drugged up. The left side of my face is much more swollen, probably because this was the side with two teeth!

And here's a photo of me today:


Still swollen. With sexy hair.

So I'm off uni for the week, though I may go to uni on Friday if I'm feeling better. My friend Kelsy came over today and kept me company! Yes we have the same name. Yes we are both awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment